Thursday, 19 May 2016

Happy Hunger Games (ft. Invaluable)

I remember the first time I held a copy of The Hunger Games in my hands. I'd thought then that it was just another book, something to read to while the time away.


A couple of days later, after I finished reading Mockingjay, I realised that this series is so much more than your average YA dystopian series. The Hunger Games is about politics, rebellion, revolution, and human nature. It's a series that's second only to Harry Potter. It's a series I will always cherish.

And when the movies followed, I was even more overjoyed. Yes, the first Hunger Games movie left out a lot of important things, but Catching Fire and Mockingjay Parts 1 and 2 were flawless. I remember dressing up as Katniss Everdeen to go watch the movies, and my only regret was that I didn't have the exact same costume as her.

And if you had that same thought, then I have some good news for you! Invaluable and Profiles in History are bringing to you The World of The Hunger Games Auction, an event that gives you the chance to lay your hands on iconic memorabilia from the movie series.


Still not convinced? Check out some of the amazing props and costumes on sale:

Katniss Everdeen Mockingjay propaganda ensemble from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
 

 
“Peacekeeper” complete uniform with prop handgun and rifle from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire



“Finnick Odair” arena wetsuit with prop trident from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire


 
Well? Aren't these costumes just perfect for cos-playing, especially for the next Comic Con, or Halloween? Personally, I'd love to get my hands on Effie's butterfly dress from the Catching Fire Reaping... ooh, or Katniss' costume for the Tribute Parade! 

If you're interested, the auction starts at 11 a.m. PST on May 20th and features over 450 different pieces of memorabilia. Fangirls and fanboys, be prepared! I certainly will be.


Do you own any fandom stuff already? I don't, unless you count my Hufflepuff and Slytherin tank tops and my Spider-Man T-shirts. And which auction item are you most excited about? Let me know in the comments below!

See you soon, Geeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)