Wednesday, 22 June 2016

Road to Recovery + What I Did This Summer // Just a Random Update #10

Wow, I haven't blogged in close to a month. Then again, I've been busy recovering from my mental illness and doing some great things in my spare time this summer.

I'm sure you all remember my post last year when I'd said I'd do all these fantastic things over the summer... and then came the follow-up post where I revealed that I'd got absolutely nothing done. Tsk, tsk.

But that all changes this summer, Geeks. Because 2016 is the year of Swati.

1) Exercise? More Like Geeksercise!
So I've started doing one, one and a half hours of exercise a day. Therapist's orders, no excuses. And it's been fun. I do a combination of yoga, POP Pilates and dance cardio every day. Yes, I've actually lost weight instead of gaining it like I usually do when I work out, but maybe that's all for the best. I've gone down from 45 kgs to a mere 41, but hey, I'm much stronger and more flexible than I was in April. That's what matters, right?

2) Moneh, Moneh, Moneh
As you may know, I started my own editing and beta reading business in February, and what can I say? Business is booming. It's barely been four or five months and I've made - well - a lot of money (not sure if I should disclose that amount online). I might have to start paying taxes this year, Geeks. Yu-huh. That's a LOT of moneh.
Plus, it's not just for the big bucks. I love doing what I do. Editing and making those little corrections in red is crazy fun. And beta reading is awesome, too. Getting paid to read and critique books? I used to do that for free on a daily basis!
So yeah. My career is on a rollercoaster that only goes up, my friend.

3) Say Goodbye to Depression (Okay, Maybe Just TTYL)
So while my rapid cycling bipolar depression has reduced in both intensity and time period, it's... still there, every month, like clockwork. This may be something I have to live with. I'll almost certainly have to take medication for a long time. But hey, that's okay. I've learned to manage it quite well. And I have a lot of support from friends and family, and that's something not a lot of patients have. So yeah, I'm grateful for everything that's happened to me... including my diagnosis.

4) Always Writing 'Always You'
Don't you love days when you're just super productive and super energized and happy about anything and everything? Well, that's how I was for almost half this summer when I was on a crazy writing spree. I finished writing my third YA romance, Always You (which you can read right here!) in just a matter of a few weeks. Crazy, am I right? I'm so, so proud of this one, especially since it's based on one of my favourite books: Jane Austen's Mansfield Park, and I hope you'll love it too.

5) F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
Okay, this is mostly just about me binge-watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. all through breakfast, lunch and dinner, but is also about how I have found three out of five of my own perfect Central Perk pals. My friends and I are closer than ever (if you're reading this: 'sup, Angel, K-Dog and Kandy?), and although I've barely been in touch with my roommate or my college friends over the summer, my best friend from school and I talk every day. So things are going well in the friendship department - and you know that's a department I've struggled with my entire life.
__________________________________________________________________________

Well, Geeks. My road to recovery began in December. It's been a long and difficult road... thank God I finally got here! This summer has been incredible. Not counting the summer we went to London (London, baby!), this has been the best summer of my life.

I leave for Mumbai - and college - in about a week. I'm anxious, nervous and very, very reluctant to leave home. But I don't have a choice, so I might as well be positive about this, right? So. Here we go. Rest of 2016, the year of Swati.

How was your summer, Geeks? Or if you're not from India, and your summer's only just starting, then what plans do you have for the sunny months? Let me know in the comments below.

I hope to see you again very soon! Bye! :)

11 comments:

  1. Summer is just starting in my corner of the world. No idea what I plan to do so far, other than work. I am also a huge fan of POP Pilates! So when I read the part in this post about being worried about leaving home and going to school, I remembered a quote from my desk calendar recently.
    "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." -Wayne Dyer
    No idea who that guy is, but he makes a good point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Love to know you're a fellow POPster, Nicole.
      Wow, that's a brilliant quote. I'll be sure to put it on my whiteboard when I get home to Mumbai. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey sup..Kandy miss juuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sup..Kandy miss juuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love it if I could ever do what you do to make 'moneh'. Not many people are blessed with the ability or the opportunity to make ends meet with their hobbies. Cherish it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)